I’m having a dinner party this evening and next to some savory dishes, I prepared lots of cakes and desserts too. In this recipe, I combined two of my favorite donuts recipes, the chia banana donuts as the ‘base’ and as an icing my favorite blueberry frosting with homemade blueberry juice. So here we are:
Ingredients for 6 donuts:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 mashed and ripe banana
- 2 tbsp maca powder (or 2 tbsp sugar)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup soy milk
For the icing
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3 tbsp blueberry juice (homemade, see below)
- dried cornflowers (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease the donut tin with a bit of coconut oil
- Add all ingredients in a big bowl and whisk together
- Pipe the dough into the tin and leave enough space because the donut will increase a lot in size once in the oven
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until its slightly golden brown
- While the donuts are in the oven, start preparing the blueberry icing. Therefore, heat up a hand full of frozen or fresh blueberries with a bit of water in a pot for 5 minutes. Strain through a sieve and keep the juice. Let it cool down.
- Get the donuts out of the oven and cool them down. Mix the blueberry juice with the icing sugar.
- Glace the donuts and add toppings of your choice.