I have a new favorite cake! This vegan apple and almond cake is so moist and fluffy, you have to try it! I actually mixed one pear in as well, it’s very flexible, either you can choose one or the other or mix them. It’s a light summer cake and I promise it will be the star on your coffee table!
- 1 1/2 cups (200g) flour
- 1/2 cup (50g) almond meal / ground almonds
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp apple vinegar
- 3/4 cup (100g) sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 large apples or pears or each one (thinly sliced)
- a little bit extra coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 30g sliced almonds
- icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a baking pan.
- Mix the flour, almond meal, baking powder and soda and salt in a big bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the almond milk with the apple vinegar and let it sit for a few minutes. Meanwhile mix the sugar, coconut oil and orange juice. Mix it with the almond milk and then add the mixture to the dry mix and stir well with a wooden spoon.
- In another bowl, mix the apples / pears with coconut oil and cinnamon.
- Pour half of the batter in the baking tin, place half of the fruit on top, add the other half of the batter and then place the fruit on top, sprinkle with almonds and bake for around 45 minutes.
- Let it cool down and dust with icing sugar.