If I would have to decide on one treat I have to eat for the rest of my life, it would be banana bread for sure! In the office of my new job we have a huge fruit basket and as many of my colleagues were on holiday this week, there was much left this Friday. Among others, three very ripe bananas. And what do you need for banana bread? Ripe bananas 😀 I didn’t have to think twice and took them home and baked this delicious bread, it’s so easy and made in no time.
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup sugar – I used coconut sugar
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 chia eggs (mix 2 tbsp chia seeds with 6 tbsp water and set aside for 10 minutes)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup soy yoghurt
- 1 and 1/2 cups raspberries, I used frozen ones
- 1 cup chocolate chips (or as much as you like)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl, in another bowl mix all the wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ones and stir until well combined. You can do that with a wooden spoon and don’t need a mixer for that. Fold in the raspberries and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin and bake for 60 minutes. Make the proof with a wooden stick which should come out clean once inserted.
It tastes great on its own, or try it with some jam or peanut butter!