Do you ever make your own plant based milk? I hardly do, but can’t tell you really a reason why because its so simple to make and easy to save lots of money as especially nut-milks can be quite expensive. Maybe posting this recipe will motivate me to make them more often. For the smoothie on the picture, I mixed hazelnut milk with blueberries and some plant based vanilla protein powder. If you ever wonder how fruit sticks on a glass, there is no magic. Just slice the fruit quite thinly, press it against the glass and it will stick 😉 Bananas are great for that but also strawberries and figs!
Homemade Nut milk
- 1 cup nuts without shells (e.g. almonds, hazelnut, cashew nuts)
- 2 cups water
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350 F) and roast the nuts on a baking tray for 10min until they are golden. Let them cool down.
- Use a clean tea towel and rub the nuts to remove most of the skins.
- Place them in a jar and cover with water and allow to soak for two hours, best overnight.
- Strain and rinse the nuts and blend them with 2 cups of water in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- Strain through a nut bag or cheesecloth until most of the liquid is removed.
- Store the nut milk in a jar in the fridge up to five days.