I’m basically living on pumpkins in autumn and can’t get enough from pumpkin soup, baked pumpkin….and pumpkin donuts! They have such a unique and delicious taste, you will love them! Unfortunately, you can’t buy pumpkin puree in Germany but its easy to make your own. Just bake pumpkin in the oven until tender and puree in a food blender. That’s it! Enjoy x
- 1 cup flour (I used spelt flour but you can use plain flour too)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice or pumpkin pie spice mix
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup almond milk (or any other plant based milk)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
For the Glaze
- 100g couverture chocolate
- 1 cup powdered sugar and 1-2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350F and grease a donut tin with coconut oil.
- In one bowl, mix all dry ingredients. In another bowl, combine all wet ingredients. Mix both until smooth.
- I use a freezer bag to pipe in the batter into the tin. Just put the batter into the bag, cut the edge so there is a small hole and pipe into the donut tin.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the donuts from the tin and leave them cool down.
- For the glaze, start to melt the chocolate. In another bowl, mix the powderd sugar with fresh lemon juice and dip half of the donuts into the chocolate and the other half into the powdered sugar icing.
- I sprinkled the chocoalte with some dried flowers and the other ones with pistacchios.
Great recipe, it look delicious 😊