These brownies are made in no time, they are flourless, oil free, low in sugar and still so delicious that you’ll wish you would have baked more. They are made with kind of a secret ingredient – chickpeas! Sounds a bit weird, but they give a great texture and an extra portion of protein. Happy baking!
- 425 g chickpeas in a tin
- 100 g peanut butter
- 50 g vegan nutella or dark chocolate spread
- 60 g agave syrup
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 70 g vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch of sea salt
Method – Preparation 10 Minutes, Baking 20 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and grease a baking tin (20x20cm).
- Rinse the chickpeas. Mix all ingredients apart from the chocolate chips in a food blender until you have a smooth batter. Stir in the chocolate chips. Fill into the baking tin, spread evenly and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool down, cut into 9 pieces and sprinkle with some sea salt.
The recipe was adapted by the Vegan Blondies from Springlane.