We are already half way through February at that’s my first post in 2018. Shame on me! I’m currently on holiday in California and finding some spare time to catch up on posts for the blog. If you are already following me on Instagram then you might recognize some of the next recipes, if you don’t so far I would be happy to see you there too! You’ll find some daily breakfast inspiration and sweet treats. But now back to this vegan chocolate cake which was a spontaneous baking session but turned out so delicious so I have to share the recipe with you! Love, Sarah x
For the cake
- 240ml soy milk
- 1 tsp apple vinegar
- 150g sugar
- 100ml coconut oil
- 150g flour
- 50g raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
For the ganache
- 150g dark vegan chocolate
- 150ml full fat coconut milk
- Mixed berries
- Preheat the oven to 180° Celcius and prepare a springform baking tin.
- Mix milk with vinegar and set aside for 10 minutes. Mix all other ingredients in a big bowl, add the milk mix and combine well.
- Either half the batter and bake in two rounds for each 25 min or bake at once (for longer) and cut the cake in half.
- Let the cake cool down completely.
- In the meantime, prepare the ganache. Melt the chocolate and mix it with the full fat coconut milk.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for at least 2 hrs and stir occasionally. Spread 1/2 ganache on one half of the cake, top with the second cake and finish off with the remaining ganache and berries.