I finally bought a donut tin! I was actually thinking about it for months, the only thing which had stopped me was the idea of eating too many donuts once I have it and this might actually be the case now. Because baking them was much easier and quicker than I thought it would be! I’ll be trying out different recipes, this one worked out very well so I’m sharing it with you. And the blueberry icing is a bomb!
- 125g spelt flour
- each one teaspoon baking powder and baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 chia egg (1 tsp chia seeds mixed with 3 tsp water)
- 60g brown sugar
- 80 ml almond milk
- 60 ml coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla seeds
For the icing
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3 tbsp blueberry juice (homemade)
- vegan white chocolate
- toppings like shredded coconut, pistachios etc.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease the donut tin with a bit of coconut oil
- Add all ingredients in a big bowl and whisk together
- Pipe the dough into the tin and leave enough space because the donut will increase a lot in size once in the oven
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until its slightly golden brown
- While the donuts are in the oven, start preparing the blueberry icing. Therefore, heat up a hand full of frozen or fresh blueberries with a bit of water in a pot for 5 minutes. Strain through a sieve and keep the juice. Let it cool down.
- Get the donuts out of the oven and cool them down. Melt the white chocolate and mix the blueberry juice with the icing sugar.
- Glace the donuts and add toppings of your choice.