The combination of pears and apples in cakes is very rare, for no reason as it taste delicious! This is a prefect last minute cake as most of the ingredients will be found at home anyway. So, spontaneous guest can come, this will sort you out.
- 2 apples
- 1 pear
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- vanilla bean
- 150 g margarine or butter
- 150 g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 250 g flour
- 1 pinch of salt
For the icing
- 100 g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
Goes so well with vanilla sauce
- Preheat the oven at 160 °C.
- Grease a pan and line with baking paper. Peel the apples and pear and cut into dices. Mix with sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Whisk the butter with sugar using an electrical mixer. .
- Add the eggs, flour and salt and mix well.
- Fold the apples and pears until everything is combined.
- Spoon into the pan and bake for around 60 min.
- Let the cake cool down and start to make the icing. Mix the icing sugar with milk and cover the cake.
- Best way to serve is with (homemade!) vanilla sauce.
This recipe is slightly adapted from the lovely blog “Zucker, Zimt und Liebe”!