Ginger bread and mulled wine scent – this moist bundt cake will bring the christmas market home to your plate. Heavenly chocolate and spiced cookies laced with “a shot”- the perfect alternative for all who can’t see christmas cookies anymore
- 110 g butter
- 150 g brown sugar
- zest of one orange
- 2 eggs
- 80 ml coconut oil
- 200 g flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp ginger bread spice
- 2 tsp Whiskey (or Rum, Amaretto…)
- 175 ml mulled wine
- 50 g Spekulatius (spiced cookies)
- 100g dark chocolate
For the icing
- 50 ml mulled wine
- 150g icing sugar
- optional – chocolate for decoration
- Preheat the oven at 180 °C. Grease a bundt cake pan and sprinkle with flour.
- Whisk butter up with sugar, orange zest, eggs and coconut oil.
- In another bowl, mix the flour with baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and the ginger bread spice. Combine with the butter-egg-mixture and add the mulled wine and the whiskey. Stir until batter has a smooth texture.
- Grate the chocolate and crumble the cookies and beat them in. Spoon batter into pan and bake for 40 min. Let the cake cool down.
- For the icing, mix the mulled wine with icing sugar and cover the cake. It will have a nice pink color. If you like, you can add some chocolate for decoration.