Those little cakes are a dream. I love raspberries and what I also love about this recipe is, that the number of ingredients is so short. You can double the amount if you want, this will make around 9 friands. The raspberries can also be swaped for any other berries!
- 5 egg whites
- 150 g butter
- 85 g almond meal
- 175 g icing sugar, plus a bit extra for dusting
- 50 g flour
- 125 g raspberries (fresh)
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Lightly grease friand trays or use little cupcake forms.
- Whisk the egg whites for a few seconds just to lightly combine.
- Add the butter, almond meal, sifted icing sugar and flour and beat to combine well.
- Pour into the prepared moulds or pans, filling each hole to just two-thirds full.Place two or three raspberries on top of each friand and bake for 25–30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean and tops are lightly golden brown.
- Dust the friands with icing sugar and serve warm, with extra fresh raspberries if you like
This recipe is from the cookbook “What Katie ate”