My family doesn’t have any traditions when it comes to food for Christmas, the only one being that my Dad is cooking the starter and the main (or better mains, he is always cooking two different dishes) and my part is the dessert! I always try to surprise with a new recipe. Since my boyfriend and me are living together, we also started to celebrate our own Christmas. We would select any date in December, lay in, watch movies all day, unpack presents, have a lovely meal and just have a relaxing day – only the two of us. We haven’t decided yet what we cook this year, but this Tiramisu might be a strong candidate for the dessert 🙂
- 50g Spekulatius (as an alternative: spiced cookies or almond cookies, vegan version)
- 50ml coffee
- 350g soy yoghurt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- Cook the frozen berries with the cinnamon, maple syrup and 1 tbsp water over medium heat until you have a berry sauce.
- Crumble the Spekulatius in a bowl and add the coffee. Add the coffee slowly so the Spekulatius doesn’t get too soft.
- In another bowl, mix the soy yoghurt with the maple syrup and whisk so it has a smooth texture.
- Now fill some of the Spekulatius into a glass, add two spoons of the soy yoghurt and top with the berry sauce and fresh raspberries. Start again and do another layer. Finish with berries on top of the yoghurt and add some Spekulatius which haven’t soaked in the coffee to add some crunch to it.